In our previous home we had this picture on the wall when you first opened the door. It was a daily reminder to us. I can't wait to get a new verse up on a wall in our new home, which sadly still has empty walls, but that is another story.
Here are 5 ways to build a foundation of faith in your family
1. Do Spiritual Things TogetherGo to church, pray together, talk about God. This may seem like a no brainer, but doing these things with your children now when they are younger is important. Serve others together, don't just talk about God, but live it along side and with your kids.
2. Pray For Your ChildrenIt is such a simple thing, but often can be overlooked. Make sure that you are taking the time to pray for your kids and family. Pray for them now, pray for their future. pray for their social group. Prayer is so critical. Surround your kids and family with it.
3. Always Point Out Where and When God is WorkingGod is ALWAYS at work in our lives. Kids love to know how! If you have been praying for something, when it happens make a point to tell your kids. Take every opportunity to remind them how awesome God is, it will also help to remind you.
4. Get Advice From Others Who Have Been ThereFind older families who can speak wisdom into your life who have already been there. People who can pray for you and support you. Also, check out resources to help you on your journey. Books, classes etc. I am personally going to recommend Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony (see below). Not only is this a great book, but she (and her hubby) were college professors of myself and my hubby. Their house may have been toilet papered
5. Find A Good CommunityYou don't have to do it alone. Find other families, other people who believe the same as you do. They can encourage and support you along the way. It i so important to have this. People you can parent along side, who can poor into your kids also. It is important as your kids grow up that they have other trusted adults to go to who will point them towards God.